Thursday, June 9, 2011

Day One of Garden Reformation

... if you could call it a garden.

Here is the "flower bed" out in front of the house I rent. As you can see, it is a nice little corner lot.


You can also see that it has been left for dead for I-don't-know-how-many-years.


Hence the "Garden Reformation."


Report:
Let it be known I spent 5 hours working this bed today. I would have a picture of the results but it was dark when I was finally done for the day. I threw out pine cones, pulled on vetch, dug at grass, and cut at the viburnum in the back; among other activities. Then I took out some of the dirt, put in some soil amender and cultivated!

As the sun set, I planted these cute little seedlings on the right third of the bed:


Six pumpkins (rouge vif d'etampes and another variety of which I do not remember the name), two rattlesnake pole beans, and some Lobelia ("Crystal Palace"). The Lobelia is actually more front and center.




I'm sticking with purples and oranges, if you couldn't tell. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment