Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Woke up this morning to find...

... four female  jays in and around my potted plants. I never get females in the yard so I was pretty surprised. I was going to snap a photo but when I came back with my camera I scared them into the trees. I gave them the heels from a loaf of bread, just to be nice.... unfortunately they invited their friends the starlings. So that won't be happening again. (:

I did want to report that I picked another round of strawberries Monday night. We don't eat them fast enough when they're not in a dessert so I cut them to freeze and filled two quart size Ziplocs. Yay!

Hand-tied bouquet I made from what is in the yard.

4 comments:

  1. Don't you just love fresh fruit and veggies from your own garden. Gorgeous bouquet!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It is so much fun and they are so good. And I was quite happy with my hand-tied. (: Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Were is that rose at? I bet it smells divine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rose is just outside my bedroom window, under the apple trees. It has a nice light fragrance, not strong at all, and it held up much better than I thought it would.

      Delete