Monday, April 29, 2013

Progress

Finally! The ranunculus is blooming! Beautiful colors... Thanks mom!




As for the veggie department, the radishes are up, peas are getting bigger, strawberries are blooming,, and my raspberry is leafing more. The honey bees were all over the blueberries and the small holly in the backyard. I was very glad to see them.



My sweeatpeas and canary bird vine are still going, which I'm happy to see. I guess I didn't have much confidence that they'd do anything and know they are. Whew!





To give perspective, the sweet peas are on the left and the canary bird vine is on the right. 
AND! I  have a song sparrow doing some interior decorating in my bird house. I only had it up one week before he found it. Thanks grandma! I also bought a  perch-type feeder in an attempt to attract some finches and other smaller birds. Had to take down the suet feeder due to starlings. 



We had a few really warm days so my pole beans began popping up. 




So, Sunday I planted my pumpkin seedling (only one out of three came up so far), nine potatoes, and my two artichoke seedlings. In a couple weeks I'll plant my watermelon seedlings. Unfortunately out of five regular seeds and five pollinator seedlings I only had one regular and two pollinators come up. They've been up for almost two weeks and still no sign of others. Glad I planted so many... Also, only one squash out of three is showing any sign of coming up. 
I decided I also want to plant a couple cucumbers too!





2 comments:

  1. Gram has two kinds of tomatoes for you and I just planted some cherry and pear last week for you. Garden looks great. Hopefully this year you'll have more pollinators.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I think I have room for 4, tomatoes. Jesus gave me two. Any basil?? I'm going to the Polk County Master Gardeners plant sale May 10th and can look for some there.

      Delete